[ portrait photo: Abram English Brown
from Abram English Brown: a memorial ]
Abram English Brown published his History of the town of Bedford in 1891. Chapter VII contains all of the facts Brown then had about the Bedford Flag.
cf. Brown’s History (1891) [excerpt]
Three years later, Brown published substantially the same information in a (much smaller) standalone booklet, under the title Flag of the minute men.
cf. Flag of the minute men (1894)
Two years later, Brown published Beneath old roof trees, including two chapters on Bedford. Chapter XVI — “The old colonial banner” — offers the most complete 19th-century account of the Bedford Flag.