[ portrait photo: Abram English Brown
from Abram English Brown: a memorial ]
The first half of A. E. Brown’s History of the town of Bedford was originally the “Bedford” entry in Hurd’s History of Middlesex County of 1890.
Brown then composed what would be the second half of his History, publishing the whole in 1891.
Brown’s work concludes with a complementary second part: Genealogy of Bedford old families.