[ portrait photo: Abram English Brown
from Abram English Brown: a memorial ]
Abram English Brown originally published his “Genealogical register” as the second part of his 1891 History of the town of Bedford. One year later, Brown re-issued this second part separately — with a new, one-page appendix — under the title Genealogy of Bedford old families.
Brown’s Genealogy was published in both an “Illustrated” edition and an unillustrated edition. Confusingly, the former omits most of the History‘s original second-part illustrations, replacing some of them with (unrelated) illustrations from its first part.